Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Saturday 24 October 2009

Pointless Ramble


So here I am, sat with my laptop on my lap (*squee*), and wondering what I am going to blog about today. There are a ton of things I could ramble on about, but nothing is leaping out at me as one specific topic.


I could blog about my kids, I suppose. But much as I have about a million things I could say about them, it's picking something that would occupy more than a couple of paragraphs that's causing me trouble.


Then there's the writing thing. Boy, I could ramble all day about that, but again I would have to find a specific 'something' to witter away with. Today my brain is a-buzzing with about a gazillion things, and nothing is staying put for longer than ten seconds. Bah humbug (speaking of humbugs, I LOVE them, but they seem to be something of a rarity these days unfortunately. Bah humbug indeed).


And another thing.... I was re-reading my blog from the other day (it's silly, I know, but I'm obsessive about re-reading my own stuff) and it occurred to me that I totally forgot to mention Watership Down in my list of movies that make me blubber. Crikey, what an oversight! (Actually, I could have mentioned Watership Down in my blog about songfics too, seeing as I wrote a lyric-based short fic using one of the songs from that movie). I can't believe I forgot about those poor, fluffy rabbits (ooh, that reminds me, I need to finish that update for my Lupin fic that I started the other day).


You see what I mean? My brain's all over the place today. I suppose it could be something to do with the fact that I'm feeling strangely hyper today. I actually had a decent night's sleep last night for a change. And for the first time in a long time, I wasn't awakened by the sound of my kids arguing (my daughter had a sleepover at her aunt's house last night *second squee of the day*, and my son slept in too).


To top it all, it's Sunday tomorrow. Usually that's a bad thing, but it's actually a nice thing this week because the kids are at the start of their half-term break. Yay! No rushing around like a mad-woman tomorrow! I'm hoping that my less stressful Sunday will be conductive to writing a 'real' blog, rather than the mish-mashed effort of today.


Then again, I will no doubt fill tomorrow's post with more pointless rambling.*snort*

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to use squee as a verb. I foresee much squeeing.

    You should write the next leg of that Elena in Wonderland (I forget the title) story at CC Chronicles' blog. Mucho fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee is an awesome word.*nods*

    Ah yes, the Round Robin thing. I've done that before and I got into a right pickle. Still, I'll have to have a look-see before I can say 'yay' or 'nay'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post on rambling Tundiel. I have never tried a Round Robin. I was sent one a while back but simply didn't have time to write. Now I am using writing to clear my mind clutter. Any Round Robin suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chary, the original NCWC did a Round Robin a few years ago. I think it might have been before you joined though... anyway, I don't really have any suggestions except for the obvious - READ READ READ all the instalments so far. The worst thing about Round Robins is when people don't read the darn thing before they contribute. They're never going to flow perfectly because of the mulyiple authors, but they should at least have SOME flow to them.

    Other than that, try to add your own stamp to it :)

    Thanks for following, Chary! I'm following you too, though I think I should do my duty and pester you for a new entry.*ducks*

    ReplyDelete