Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Tuesday 3 November 2009

*is covered in clay*

Yup, I'm covered in clay. Plastered in plaster. Soaked in sticky stuff (don't be so dirty-minded .... I'm watching you).

My daughter 'Ellied' me the other week, and now I am committed to attending a pottery class every Tuesday. I was a bit wary at first, picturing the famous scene from 'Ghost' and wondering how the heck I was going to get on with a spinning mound of wet clay. Luckily for me, we're not using that type of clay, we're usuing the stuff which hardens overnight (I said I was watching you *glares*).

The first week we made pots. Well, we were supposed to have made pots. Mine was a mini watering can, complete with lop-sided handle (I am not creative in the arty way at all [/understatement] ). Ellie made a...bowl. Yes, I think it was most like a bowl. Anywho, we went back today and our pots/watering cans/bowls were nice and dry and we brought them home to paint. Lovely.

Today we made masks. The teacher showed us some African Tribal masks, gave everyone a lump of clay, passed around sparkly bits and pieces, and told us to 'go for it'. *snorts*  These are mine and my daughters efforts...



(Mine is the alien with a Mohican, and Ellie's mask is a female troll... I think.)

Next week we are making angels. I dread to think what they'll end up looking like....

It's all fun.

1 comment: