Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Monday 1 November 2010

*is informing through rambling*





Just a quick one today (er, blog that is) so that I can tell you that I've managed to start writing for my NaNo novel. No really - I did. *is shocked and stunned* I'm only just past a thousand words, but I should hit my personal goal of 2.5k by the end of today. *nods firmly* I have to work at a slightly faster pace than the official 1,667 words a day if I am to win, you see. I'm currently off from work and won't return until the 14th, so a few extra words a day are essential to make up for the second half of the month where I know I will be tired and less inclined to write. I figure 13 days at 2,500 words is what, 32,500k? That'll leave me 1,030 words per day to write for the remainder of the challenge, which sounds infinitely more preferable to 1,667, right? I don't think I can finish the story in 50,000 words, mind you, but I'd love to have 50k under my belt by the end of the month. I'm thinking the novel should be hitting 80-90k as a finished product, but there's no way I'm getting that many words down in thirty days...


Anywho, I should also mention that after last month's effort of blogging every day *is shocked and stunned about that too*, I'd like to keep to a semi-regular blogging schedule if at all possible. I highly doubt that every day is doable - especially seeing as it is me we are talking about - but I figure three days a week might be a nice compromise. Possibly Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Lastly, asterisks are back. *nods again* Of course they are! I can't blog without asterisked titles during a WriMo month, can I? That would be unthinkable! Inconceivable, even!

Lastly, if anyone would like to Buddy me on the official NaNoWriMo site, you can find me under the moniker of Tundiel, and my novel is titled Soul Identity. Go ahead and add me, there's always room for more slags and clarts on my buddy list. *smiles winsomely*

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Keep it up and you'll finished in no time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Sounds like a great WriMo plan! I am trying to frontload the WriMo, too, so we can encourage each other. I just know I get bogged at about the 2/3 mark and things slow down. Plus, son's birthday the 18th coincides with Harry Potter movie (19th) so I expect a few lost days... followed by the lost days of Thanksgiving... so I've intended 2000 a day, plus extra weekends (and yesterday, which I had off)... You're doing great! (and 3 days a week is a great blog schedule!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Weesa!

    Yup, I really need to get some extra words in the first half of the month or I'm doomed. Tami, you'll do it, no question. *nods firmly* I think I'll get there in the end, but I am struggling at the moment. The first week is the toughest on me though, so I'm not too worried.

    ReplyDelete