Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Making Plans... Sort Of.

Anyone who knows me well will know that I don't 'do' plans. Really, they're just not happening. It's not the making of them that is hard - I've made countless plans over the years - it's the executing part that I have trouble with. *shifty*

I'm in the process of following a plan at the moment, and so far I'm not doing too bad with it. In order to have a finished manuscript by the end of the first week of June, I decided that one chapter per week in my 'polishing and tweaking' schedule should do it. I've been leaving it till the weekends, but so far I'm good. I should be going through chapter three this week, and I am on target. Whether I stick it out for another ten weeks is another thing, but we shall see.

I'm also doing better with this blogging malarkey. I haven't been blogging every day, but that was never something that I intended anyway. Realistically, I'm hoping for between 150 and 200 blog posts per year, that way I am blogging for around half of the 365 days. I've amassed 41 (including this one) posts for this blog this year, and four on my Cardiffella blog, and we are nigh on three months into 2011. If I stick to this pace, I reckon I should do it. But in order to keep at this pace, I will need to blog every day for at least one month out of every three.

So, with this in mind, I'm not officially joining next month's A-Z blog challenge (I seem to do better with these things if I don't formally commit), but I am going to have a go. There is the NaBloWriMo in October to cover my post-a-day for the last quarter of the year, so that's good. I predict a request for, er, requests, that month, obviously. And as for the month of blogging daily in the July/August/September section of the year... well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Hopefully I'll have some exciting news to post on my other blog that will fill up some posts, but I'm not counting any chickens just yet.

As for this blog, I am nearing my 200th post (yay!), and am beginning to think about what I will do to mark the occasion. It may not seem like a big deal to most people, but for a procrastinator, 200 blog posts is huge. Not to mention the fact that I have been blogging off and on now for eighteen months, itself an achievement for someone who usually 'forgets' about writing commitments.

And there we have it, my 'sort of' plans for the near future. It's a ramble to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I haven't surprised anyone there...


Image Permission

5 comments:

  1. I'd say it sounds like a plan, but it sounds like it might jinx it! Sounds good, whatever the case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must write a sequel to the Noel Edmunds post. Noel: The Coke and Gerbil Years. Or expose that spineless crook Terry Wogan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *makes note to make request list*
    Glad to hear things are going well. The "no plan" plan seems be working out quite well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tami - Yup, no jinxing allowed! *snort* You know me, I work best when there's no order to things...

    Mark - Ha! I don't know about the Noel sequel, but an expose on Wogan might be doable...

    Weesa - Exactly. *nods* No plans are ALWAYS good for me. And 'yay' on the requests (though I still need to do that languages one you asked for a while back...)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent pla... er.. "thingie you sort of stick to but won't use the p-word since that might jinx it"!

    I need one myself, actually. Wanna pl... er.. TYSOSTBWUTPSTMJ for me? ;)

    ReplyDelete