Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Monday 1 April 2013

A is for...

Audra



The Blurb:

Audra Kingsley, a wealthy heiress, may not have seen much of the world, but she knows exactly how she wants her future to play out—and a coming out ball held at her country estate, Kingsley Manor, would suit her just fine. Her father’s wish that she be presented at St. James in London seems silly since she is to marry her neighbor and childhood sweetheart, Lord Crispin Brighton, but she obliges him.

Audra travels to London with her patroness, the eccentric Lady Sutherland, intending to return home as soon as she has curtseyed to the Queen. Unknown to her, Lady Sutherland is in no rush to leave London before the Season is over and intends to show Audra she has more options in the suitor department than Lord Crispin, a second son.

Audra finds herself surrounded by few friends and is forced to attend parties, balls, and operas—all while becoming the object of a secret admirer’s obsession. As Audra struggles to make her way home to her beloved, plans to compromise her into an unwanted marriage are underway.

by Amanda L.V. Shalaby

Author Bio:

Amanda L. V. Shalaby’s passion for all things Jane Austen was inspired by her mother and grandmother. She now writes her own English historical romances, and is the author of Rhianna and Audra. When Amanda is not writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband, Matthew, her Shih Tzu dogs, Bella and Huntley, and her Persian cat, Sebastian.


Special note!!!

A is also for Arlee Bird, the founder of this crazy A-Z challenge. This is my third year doing this, and I have had fun and 'met' lots of new friends in the previous years. It's a mixture of hard work, good times, and excitement every time I take part. So I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to the guy who started the whole thing, and raise a virtual glass to toast the Awesome Arlee, a gentleman among bloggers! *clinks glass* Cheers!!

Book blurbing my way through the challenge on this blog, and limericking my way through the April A-Z over at The Furry Tale Chronicles. Please stop by!

9 comments:

  1. "Audra" is the perfect way to start off the A to Z Blogging Challenge! I'm really eager to see all the book blurbs this month. I'm also thinking I should have chosen a theme for mine, but we'll see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a theme is always a good idea! I usually do limericks, but I'm doing them on my other blog instead, hence the blurbs over here. :D

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I look forward to who you blurb ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! My theme was fairly last minute(of course, it is ME after all), and my 'CR Sisters' came through in spades for me by offering their books to be blurbed. :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Amber,
    Such a great idea. How do you manage two blogs? I just love the cover for Audra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Nancy!! I have to admit, I rarely manage both blogs... at least, not at the same time. I'm not a prolific poster at all (to say the least), but I DO try with the A-Z challenges. They're just so much fun to do! And yes, the cover for 'Audra' is lovely. :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting Audra today, Amber! I love the idea of the A-Z challenge & can't wait to check out all the fabulous new titles coming out this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're entirely welcome, Amanda! I fitting 'A' all round!

    ReplyDelete