Disclaimer

Warning - Some posts may cause choking, spitting of beverage and /or a severe giggle fit. This advice brought to you by regular reader Louisa.

Monday 29 April 2013

Y is for...

YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Ok, 'Yippeeeeeeeee' isn't in the title of this book, and neither is it the name of the author. Come to think of it, I don't think it's even a word that is used in the book itself, either. But you know, I think I can be forgiven for not strictly sticking to my own rules on today's posting (not that I was particularly strict with some of the other posts this month, either, but that's another blog post...)

Today is release day for IF THE SHOE FITS!!!! Yay! Yippeeeeeeeee! Yabba-dabba do!!! *snorts and dances at the same time*   (Hmmm, would that be *snances* or *dorts*? I'm going with *snances*).

*coughs* Ok, now that we have that out of the way, I'll proceed with the posting format that I have used for all of the book blurbs that I have posted so far for the April A-Z...





The Blurb:

Life isn’t a fairy tale… except when it is.

There’s nothing wrong with Ella Gibson’s life— it just isn’t very exciting, despite being surrounded by lingerie. Working for Cardiff’s top modelling agency should have been glamorous, but most of the time Ella is running around with memos and cups of coffee. It’s a far cry from living the dream, but skirting the edge of her fantasy life is enough.

Then comes the day when her cat starts to talk, claiming to be Ella’s fairy godmother. As if that weren’t crazy enough, the pesky puss becomes a fashion advisor and behavioral expert, too. Add an evil ex-stepmother, a hunk called Charming, plus a looming party-cum-ball, and you have all the elements of a classical fairy tale. There’s even a couple of ugly sisters—the fact that they are two gorgeous gay men being neither here nor there.

Ella’s not your typical fairy-tale princess though, and it will take more than a discarded glass slipper to get her man. It’s quite possible she may have to curb her enthusiasm for cursing a wee bit, not to mention her love of vodka. And can Muse, her surprisingly straight-laced feline friend, overcome her prudishness long enough for Ella to sneak a kiss or three with her intended beau?

by Amber T. Smith

Author Bio:

It's meeeee!!!!!  Er... I mean: Amber T. Smith lives in Cardiff, the bustling capital city of Wales. When she isn’t busy keeping her kids, her cats, and her lizards from fighting, she can generally be found dreaming up new plots for alternative fairy tales.

I don't think I can link to the same blog that I'm using *snort*, but if you would like to follow my madness, feel free to come here, my main blogging page, or visit me at my book blog (where I've been limericking my way through the April A-Z). I'm also on Twitter and Facebook if you'd like to say 'hello'. I love talking with new friends! (I love talking in general, but prefer it when there are people who answer me back, rather than babbling to an empty void *winks*).

7 comments:

  1. Well congratulations. And I'm doing a happy dance just for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cathrina!! And yay - happy dancing is ALWAYS good!

      Delete
    2. Oh, just saw that you've followed - thanks so much! :D

      Delete
  2. I liked the Yabba dabba do! lolol! Congrats Amber!

    Your blurb made me grin.

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, gotta love the yabba dabba dos!! Thanks so much, Sia, and thank you for liking my FB page, too!

      Delete
  3. Yippee Yay Yowza! It's finally here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yowza!! Ha! I forgot that one! Thanks, Weesa! *glomps*

      Delete